Dolphin Cay Shallow Water High Season required for travel:
2019: Jan 1-3, Jan 10-14, Mar 21-31, Apr 18-28, May 23-27, Jun 15-Aug 15, Nov 21-Dec 1, Dec 19-31
Here’s your chance to get up close to dolphins like never before!
The Shallow Water Interaction at Dolphin Cay is an inspirational opportunity for guests to engage with the Atlantis resident bottlenose dolphins for 30-minutes in the 14-acre habitat. This experience will immerse guests in the rescue story of the Katrina Dolphins and how they came to find a safe haven at Dolphin Cay in 2006 after their home in Gulfport, MS was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Also included with this tour is access to Atlantis 5 miles of pristine beach.Note: The entire Dolphin program lasts between 60-90 minutes. Experience includes: complimentary wetsuit use, a personal locker, and towels. Children ages three and under participate complimentary with parent/guardian participation in the dolphin program. Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian in the shallow water program. This does not include access to aquariums, pools or waterpark.
What to Know Before you Go:
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied
by a parent or
guardian participating with them in the shallow water.
- You are welcome to spend the rest of your day enjoying access to the Atlantis Resort Beaches. Lounge chair and towels are included.
- To ensure the safety of our animals, personal cameras (including those
in cellphones) cannot be used during your
- Souvenir photos of your experience are available for purchase.
- In order to participate on this tour, you must present your cruise ship card along with your Resort for a Day voucher.
How it Works:
- Activity takes place at Atlantis, Dolphin Cay. If traveling from
the cruise ship directly to the Dolphin Interaction, the closest
entrance to the Dolphin Cay would be the Cove Atlantis.
- Please be advised that the check in time for this activity is 15 minutes
prior to the scheduled meeting time.
- The taxi ride is about a 12 -15 minute from the cruise ship entrance depending on traffic.
- The taxi fare (not included) is approximately $12 if one or two guests, $4 per person if more than two guests.
- Allow yourself at least
one hour to get yourself from the cruise
ship pier to Atlantis Cove during peak travel times.
Reservations are made online. Due to the limited availability of this
tour, your reservation will be scheduled and confirmed within 48 hours
of purchase. Once confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation that
includes your Dolphin Interaction pass. In the instance where the date
you selected is full, you will receive notification and a full refund
with 48 hours.